The HC Farmers’ Market loves dogs!
Well behaved dogs are welcomed at all three of our market locations (Minden, Haliburton, & Stanhope). If you bring your dog to the market, please ensure that you both follow the market manners for dogs, or you may be asked to leave.
DOGS ATTENDING THE MARKET MUST:
- Never be left unattended in a car.
- Be kept on a short non-expandable leash.
- Be comfortable walking on a loose leash through a crowd.
- Remain relaxed in a large crowd. No stressed out dogs.
- Exhibit self-control when meeting people and other dogs.
- Be safely approachable by people of all ages.
- Show manners and obedience at vendor tables: Avoid sniffing, licking or tasting product on or around a vendor’s table.
- Not bark excessively.
- Keep dog’s head and tail ends away from vendors’ tables, produce, plants, and all food.
- Be prepared with doggy bags and clean up after their dog.
- Be respectful of other market goers and their comfort level with dogs.
Service dogs will be allowed at all of our markets.